The War on Christmas
Neal Boortz
2012-11-26 17:00:00 UTC
From now through Christmas, I think we need to chronicle the stories of
what I like to call the war on Christmas. These stories are plentiful
because there never seems to be a dearth of people who are seeking two
things: Power and attention. Couple that with some politically correct
Bolshoi and you are in for a Christmas punchbowl filled with unpleasant
foreign objects. Here are two of our latest findings ..

Atheists cry foul over ‘A Charlie Brown Christmas’

Charlie Brown’s Christmas is on the outs at an elementary school in
Little Rock, Ark. — at least among atheists who are calling foul over a
planned student trip to see a stage production of the beloved Peanuts
story.

Jesus Christ 'should be downplayed in school'

Schools (in the UK) should downgrade Christianity in assemblies for a
more “inclusive” multi-faith approach, say religious education advisors.

Very little of this is about genuine and honest feelings about one’s
children being exposed to Christmas and Christianity. It’s about power.
We live in a society – a world – dominated by celebrity worship. You can
become a celebrity in many different ways. You can display actual talent
in a field, or you can wield power in some spectacular way. If you lack
special talents, wielding power is going to be your road to the celebrity
you so covet. Perhaps the best path to that is to use the courts to
pursue some false grievance, and the easiest path through the courts for
this purpose is the religion path. Just start spouting “separation of
church and state,” a phrase, by the way, which does NOT appear in our
Constitution, and hire a lawyer. BAM! Instant celebrity!
raven1
2012-11-26 18:41:21 UTC
Post by Neal Boortz
Very little of this is about genuine and honest feelings about one’s
children being exposed to Christmas and Christianity.
That's true. It's about genuine and honest feelings about one's tax
dollars being used for that purpose. If you want to live in a country
where that's allowed, may I suggest Iran?
Barb May
2012-11-26 18:46:07 UTC
Just start spouting "separation of church and
state," and BAM! Instant celebrity!
Just start spouting "war on Christmas" and BAM! you've got the attention
of religious nuts who think their religious beliefs should be forced on
everyone.
Barb
Dano
2012-11-26 18:59:25 UTC
Just start spouting "separation of church and
state," and BAM! Instant celebrity!
Just start spouting "war on Christmas" and BAM! you've got the attention
of religious nuts who think their religious beliefs should be forced on
everyone.

====================================

Well as long as it's THEIR religious beliefs.

Let's have Rastafarianism as our state religion eh? At least they have a
cool sacrament.
Bill Steele
2012-11-27 19:29:00 UTC
Post by Barb May
Just start spouting "separation of church and
state," and BAM! Instant celebrity!
Just start spouting "war on Christmas" and BAM! you've got the attention
of religious nuts who think their religious beliefs should be forced on
everyone.
No worse than trolls who think their posts should be forced on everyone.

Barb, I usually agree with your politics, but when you reply, remember
to delete the off-topic crossposts.
Yap
2012-11-27 07:24:15 UTC
Post by Barb May
Just start spouting "separation of church and
state," and BAM!  Instant celebrity!
Just start spouting "war on Christmas" and BAM! you've got the attention
of religious nuts who think their religious beliefs should be forced on
everyone.
Yet, they can't provide a single nano evident for the pixie.
Post by Barb May
Barb
trotsky
2012-11-26 19:13:34 UTC
Post by Neal Boortz
From now through Christmas, I think we need to chronicle the stories of
what I like to call the war on Christmas. These stories are plentiful
because there never seems to be a dearth of people who are seeking two
things: Power and attention. Couple that with some politically correct
Bolshoi and you are in for a Christmas punchbowl filled with unpleasant
foreign objects. Here are two of our latest findings ..
Atheists cry foul over ‘A Charlie Brown Christmas’
Right wing whack jobs keep falling into the same trap over and over.
Atheists have every right to cry foul over any aspect of Christmas, just
like the Nazis had every right to march in Skokie when they did so.
These rights are the basic tenets of our country, and if hate people
having these rights you hate our country. Right wingers seem to hate
the U.S. an awful lot.
Father Haskell
2012-11-26 23:35:51 UTC
Post by Neal Boortz
From now through Christmas, I think we need to chronicle the stories of
what I like to call the war on Christmas.  These stories are plentiful
because there never seems to be a dearth of people who are seeking two
things: Power and attention.  Couple that with some politically correct
Bolshoi and you are in for a Christmas punchbowl filled with unpleasant
foreign objects.  Here are two of our latest findings ..
Atheists cry foul over A Charlie Brown Christmas
Charlie Brown s Christmas is on the outs at an elementary school in
Little Rock, Ark. at least among atheists who are calling foul over a
planned student trip to see a stage production of the beloved Peanuts
story.
Overdone -- and what about the jews? How about the Peanuts
gang reenacting stories from the OT, instead?
Post by Neal Boortz
Jesus Christ 'should be downplayed in school'
Schools (in the UK) should downgrade Christianity in assemblies for a
more inclusive multi-faith approach, say religious education advisors.
Yours is ALREADY a "multi-faith" approach. Name one
original bit that it ever came up with.
cloud dreamer
2012-11-26 23:39:51 UTC
Post by Father Haskell
Post by Neal Boortz
From now through Christmas, I think we need to chronicle the stories of
what I like to call the war on Christmas. These stories are plentiful
because there never seems to be a dearth of people who are seeking two
things: Power and attention. Couple that with some politically correct
Bolshoi and you are in for a Christmas punchbowl filled with unpleasant
foreign objects. Here are two of our latest findings ..
Atheists cry foul over A Charlie Brown Christmas
Charlie Brown s Christmas is on the outs at an elementary school in
Little Rock, Ark. at least among atheists who are calling foul over a
planned student trip to see a stage production of the beloved Peanuts
story.
Overdone -- and what about the jews? How about the Peanuts
gang reenacting stories from the OT, instead?
Whatever happened to the separation of church and state? Unless it's a
Catholic school, they shouldn't be forcing the religion on any of the kids.

..
Father Haskell
2012-11-26 23:57:45 UTC
Post by cloud dreamer
 From now through Christmas, I think we need to chronicle the stories of
[...]
Do schools still inoculate kids against awful diseases
like rubella? Making sure the kids get doses of the
really twisted passages, like 2 Kings 2:23 - 24
(Charlie Brown would be perfect to play Elisha) will
likewise help inoculate them against the rest of the
insane book.
SkyEyes
2012-11-27 08:02:28 UTC
Post by Father Haskell
Post by cloud dreamer
 From now through Christmas, I think we need to chronicle the stories of
[...]
Yes. Unless the parents have religious objections. Or cultural
objections. Or objections against what they sneeringly call "Big
Pharma." Or because the parents feel like being perverse.

Aside from that, the vaccinate everybody.
Post by Father Haskell
Making sure the kids get doses of the
really twisted passages, like 2 Kings 2:23 - 24
(Charlie Brown would be perfect to play Elisha) will
likewise help inoculate them against the rest of the
insane book.
But they don't teach those passages to children. Only the warm-fuzzy
stuff, like Jesus being crucified for your sins.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34 and A+ atheist
BAAWA Knight of the Golden Litterbox
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net OR
skyeyes nine at yahoo dot com
k***@baawa.com
2012-11-26 23:36:52 UTC
Post by Neal Boortz
Just start spouting “separation of
church and state,” a phrase, by the way, which does NOT appear in our
Constitution, and hire a lawyer.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suite.

Read the First Amendment it says "The amendment prohibits the
making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding
the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech,
infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to
peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental
redress of grievances."

It's also called the Establishment Clause.

Idiot.

Warlord Steve
BAAWA
cloud dreamer
2012-11-26 23:42:45 UTC
Post by k***@baawa.com
Just start spouting “separation of
church and state,” a phrase, by the way, which does NOT appear in our
Constitution, and hire a lawyer.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suite.
Read the First Amendment it says "The amendment prohibits the
making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding
the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech,
infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to
peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental
redress of grievances."
It's also called the Establishment Clause.
Idiot.
Warlord Steve
BAAWA
Does the constitution say anything about doing 120 mph in a 50 zone?
Guess that means it's okay...if Boortz is to be believed.

..
k***@baawa.com
2012-11-27 05:33:03 UTC
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 20:12:45 -0330, cloud dreamer
Post by cloud dreamer
Post by k***@baawa.com
Post by Neal Boortz
Just start spouting “separation of
church and state,” a phrase, by the way, which does NOT appear in our
Constitution, and hire a lawyer.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suite.
Read the First Amendment it says "The amendment prohibits the
making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding
the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech,
infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to
peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental
redress of grievances."
It's also called the Establishment Clause.
Idiot.
Does the constitution say anything about doing 120 mph in a 50 zone?
Guess that means it's okay...if Boortz is to be believed.
His bible says it's okay for parents to kill unruly children.

He's a pathetic cherry picking godsoaked idiot.

Warlord Steve
BAAWA
tirebiter
2012-11-28 16:01:06 UTC
Post by cloud dreamer
Just start spouting “separation of
church and state,” a phrase, by the way, which does NOT appear in our
Constitution, and hire a lawyer.
    Reading comprehension is not your strong suite.
    Read the First Amendment it says "The amendment prohibits the
making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding
the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech,
infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to
peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental
redress of grievances."
    It's also called the Establishment Clause.
    Idiot.
Warlord Steve
BAAWA
Does the constitution say anything about doing 120 mph in a 50 zone?
Guess that means it's okay...if Boortz is to be believed.
  ..
Or a more federal based example. The Constitution mentions the
formation of the army and navy, but not the air force. I guess that
branch of the military is unconstitutional. So is the FBI, the CIA,
the NSA, Homeland Security, et al.

---
a.a. #2273
Padraigh ProAmerica
2012-11-27 16:33:14 UTC
Re: The War on Christmas

Group: alt.politics.religion Date: Mon, Nov 26, 2012, 3:36pm (EST-3)
From: ***@baawa.com
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 12:00:00 -0500, Neal Boortz <***@WSB.com> wrote:
Just start spouting "separation of
church and state," a phrase, by the way, which does NOT appear in our
Constitution, and hire a lawyer.
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Reading comprehension is not your strong suite.
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Read the First Amendment it says "The amendment
prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion,
impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech,
infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to
peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental
redress of grievances."
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0It's also called the Establishment Clause.
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Idiot.
Warlord Steve
BAAWA

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

That is NOT the First Amendmet.

The 'establishment clause' is badly misunderstood. It does NOT mandate a
sepeation; it is a prohibition on the establishment of a state religion.

--
"Some things take a set amount of time. You can't get a baby in one
month by getting nine women pregnant."--

Unknown
Olrik
2012-11-27 04:52:34 UTC
Oh look, a cheerfully obnoxious troll!

0/5 on the troll meter: too stupid.
SkyEyes
2012-11-27 06:56:31 UTC
Post by Neal Boortz
From now through Christmas, I think we need to chronicle the stories of
[...]
Why should public monies be used to indoctrinate public school
children into a religion that is not shared by the entire public?

Mike Painter
2012-11-27 16:30:38 UTC
Post by Neal Boortz
From now through Christmas, I think we need to chronicle the stories of
what I like to call the war on Christmas. These stories are plentiful
because there never seems to be a dearth of people who are seeking two
things: Power and attention. Couple that with some politically correct
Bolshoi and you are in for a Christmas punchbowl filled with unpleasant
foreign objects. Here are two of our latest findings ..
Atheists cry foul over ‘A Charlie Brown Christmas’
Charlie Brown’s Christmas is on the outs at an elementary school in
Little Rock, Ark. — at least among atheists who are calling foul over a
planned student trip to see a stage production of the beloved Peanuts
story.
“The problem is that it’s got religious content and it’s being
performed in a religious venue and that doesn’t just blur the line
between church and state, it oversteps it entirely.”

Read more:
http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/21/atheists-cry-foul-over-a-charlie-brown-christmas/#ixzz2DRPUzb7O
Post by Neal Boortz
Jesus Christ 'should be downplayed in school'
Schools (in the UK) should downgrade Christianity in assemblies for a
more “inclusive” multi-faith approach, say religious education advisors.
It would not be allowed at all in the USA.
Post by Neal Boortz
Very little of this is about genuine and honest feelings about one’s
children being exposed to Christmas and Christianity. It’s about power.
It's about the Supreme Court and the law.

There is nothing in it that prevents non government entities exposing
children to Christmas and Christianity.
BTR1701
2012-11-28 03:32:42 UTC
Post by Neal Boortz
From now through Christmas, I think we need to chronicle the stories of
what I like to call the war on Christmas. These stories are plentiful
because there never seems to be a dearth of people who are seeking two
things: Power and attention. Couple that with some politically correct
Bolshoi and you are in for a Christmas punchbowl filled with unpleasant
foreign objects. Here are two of our latest findings ..
Atheists cry foul over "A Charlie Brown Christmas"
Charlie Brown's Christmas is on the outs at an elementary school in
Little Rock, Ark.-- at least among atheists who are calling foul over a
planned student trip to see a stage production of the beloved Peanuts
story.
"The problem is that it's got religious content and it's being
performed in a religious venue and that doesn't just blur the line
between church and state, it oversteps it entirely."
So having the kids watch A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS during a field trip
violates the 1st Amendment, but yet a public school in San Francisco's
attempt to 'educate' children about Islam by having them use Muslim
names, recite Islamic prayers in class, requiring them to memorize and
recite a passage from the Quran, and making them give up something for a
day, such as television or candy, to simulate fasting during the month
of Ramadan...

...that's apparently perfectly fine constitutionally.

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Appeal-on-school-s-lesson-in-Musli
m-culture-is-2488125.php#ixzz2DU69Tk82

The double standard is amazing to behold.
trotsky
2012-11-28 11:30:21 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by Neal Boortz
From now through Christmas, I think we need to chronicle the stories of
[...]
Yes--you should find some place else to live. It's not like you don't
represent an ideologically bankrupt group of people that have no
solutions for anything, right? Hey, maybe you could jump on a ship
somewhere and dump some cargo in a harbor--that should get the job done.

Alternately, you could just shut the fuck up.
cloud dreamer
2012-11-28 13:24:24 UTC
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
Post by Neal Boortz
From now through Christmas, I think we need to chronicle the stories of
[...]
He just can't figure out that some schools have a religion class where
the kids learn about all religions. Having a project where they did what
they did for Islam is not unusal. It's how you educate kids. They very
likely did similar things for Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity etc.

No different than having a Culture Day when all the kids dress up to
represent different cultures throughout the world.

Learning about a culture or a religion is not an endorsement. This case
smacks of pure ignorance and bigotry.

..
BTR1701
2012-11-28 15:36:46 UTC
Post by cloud dreamer
Post by BTR1701
Post by Neal Boortz
From now through Christmas, I think we need to chronicle the stories of
[...]
I have a feeling if a public school decided to 'educate' the kids on
Catholicism by having them attend a Mass, memorize the names of the
saints, recite the Catholic profession of faith, and abstain from eating
meat during Lent, you and all the liberals that have no problem with
this Muslim curriculum would have shrieking meltdowns about the
separation of church and state.
Barb May
2012-11-28 19:34:02 UTC
Post by BTR1701
I have a feeling if a public school decided to 'educate' the kids on
Catholicism by having them attend a Mass, memorize the names of the
saints, recite the Catholic profession of faith, and abstain from
eating meat during Lent, you and all the liberals that have no
problem with this Muslim curriculum would have shrieking meltdowns
about the separation of church and state.
Feelings aren't facts.

http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/A-school-lesson-on-jihad-2772937.php
"For a decade, California has woven religion into its social studies
curriculum standards, reversing a long-standing practice in which
textbooks virtually ignored religion's role in history, politics, art
and society. Today, the state's sixth-graders devote more time to
studying the historic role of Christianity than seventh graders do
studying Islam. And students often do role-playing to enrich their
understanding of history -- whether it's the Renaissance or the Gold
Rush."

"We have to understand each other's faiths and be able to negotiate
through our differences with civility and respect," said Charles C.
Haynes, senior scholar at the First Amendment Center at Vanderbilt
University. "America, the boldest and most successful experiment in
religious liberty the world has ever seen, depends on our ability to
teach it."
Barb
BTR1701
2012-11-29 02:07:37 UTC
Post by Barb May
Post by BTR1701
I have a feeling if a public school decided to 'educate' the kids on
Catholicism by having them attend a Mass, memorize the names of the
saints, recite the Catholic profession of faith, and abstain from
eating meat during Lent, you and all the liberals that have no
problem with this Muslim curriculum would have shrieking meltdowns
about the separation of church and state.
Feelings aren't facts.
And yet in the present instance, we have a group having a collective
embolism over a field trip to see CHARLIE BROWN'S CHRISTMAS, which by
any objective measure entangles the state with religion a helluva lot
less than having kids recite passages from the Quran. And not just any
old passage, either. The passage the kids had to memorize and recite in
San Francisco was the one which converts recite when they accept Islam,
reject all other religions, and convert to the faith. So the school was
basically requiring the kids to get up in front of their class, reject
their own religion, and declare that they're becoming Muslim.

You go ahead and keep pretending that's less offensive to the 1st
Amendment than spending a couple hours watching CHARLIE BROWN'S
CHRISTMAS. No one rational will believe you.
trotsky
Kewl, as long as you're leaving the teabaggers out of this.
Barb May
2012-11-29 18:14:08 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by Barb May
Post by BTR1701
[...]
As usual, when you are proven wrong your next response is always a false
equivalency. First of all, there's a big difference between classroom
instruction and taking children to a church. And second, there's a big
difference between classroom assignments and entertainment in a
religious venue. Third, the complaint is about a school in Little Rock,
not San Francisco.

The school in Little Rock has no religious instruction except about
Christianity AND they want to take the children to a church for a kid's
play with religious content. OTOH as I pointed out in my previous post,
in San Francisco "...the state's sixth-graders devote more time to
studying the historic role of Christianity than seventh graders do
studying Islam." So, San Francisco has a balanced approach. Little Rock
does not.

Your reference to "a group having a collective embolism" is also a big
fat lie. Writing a letter challenging the trip and discussing it with
the media is not having an "embolism" or "Atheist Furor" raging, or any
of the other extremist language the Right has attempted to attach to
this complaint to try to bolster their false argument that there's a
"war on Christmas" and a "war on Christianity."

Your outrageous claim that, "the school was basically requiring the kids
to get up in front of their class, reject their own religion, and
declare that they're becoming Muslim" is ample proof that you are
incapable of arguing this, or any other, issue honestly. So if I don't
respond to your next feeble attempt to argue this point, that'll be the
reason why.

Over to you...
Barb
Les
2012-11-29 20:14:38 UTC
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:14:08 -0800, "Barb May"
<there be snippage>
Post by Barb May
Your reference to "a group having a collective embolism" is also a big
fat lie. Writing a letter challenging the trip and discussing it with
the media is not having an "embolism" or "Atheist Furor" raging, or any
of the other extremist language the Right has attempted to attach to
this complaint to try to bolster their false argument that there's a
"war on Christmas" and a "war on Christianity."
Well they had to find something to base their traditional 'War on
Christmas' post that seems to have become an annual event here
on alt.atheism and that was the best they come up with to fulminate
about.

Les Hellawell
Greeting from:
YORKSHIRE - The White Rose County

"For the assertion that “There is no God” is just as much a claim to
knowledge as is the assertion that “There is a God.” Therefore, the
former assertion requires justification just as the latter does. "
- William Lane Craig, "Reasonable Faith"
clairbear
2012-11-30 00:13:04 UTC
Post by Les
Well they had to find something to base their traditional 'War on
Christmas' post that seems to have become an annual event here
on alt.atheism and that was the best they come up with to fulminate
about.
Les Hellawell
YORKSHIRE - The White Rose County
Well Christmas has been a part of European and American culture for
centuries if not millenia. The reason for the holiday is the birth of
Christ. Now the timing of the holiday may not be accurate as the Church
used the pagan solstice as the time for the holiday to help convert them
Whether or not usurping the pagan holiday for that p[urpose was right is up
for debate, But the whole Idea of Christmas has been accepted as a nation,
religious and secular holiday since that time. Pushing mentioning of
christmas from the season is wrong Just as an attempt to push the mention
of Channuka or Ramadan from their time would be wrong. Besides what harm is
there in saying Merry Christmas if it makes one feel closer to our fellow
man. Or would you prefer that "Every idiot who goes about with 'Merry
Christmas' on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried
with a stake of holly through his heart." But if you want to be Scroogian
about I would still wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and if
you prefer think of as a soltice greeting of good will.
So try to enjoy the holiday in the spirit of good will that Christmas is
meant to promote.
Christopher A. Lee
2012-11-30 01:15:18 UTC
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
Well they had to find something to base their traditional 'War on
Christmas' post that seems to have become an annual event here
on alt.atheism and that was the best they come up with to fulminate
about.
Les Hellawell
YORKSHIRE - The White Rose County
Well Christmas has been a part of European and American culture for
centuries if not millenia. The reason for the holiday is the birth of
Christ.
Bullshit.

It is an ancient pre-Christian festival. Practically every culture had
a winter solstice festival when the days began to get longer,
celebrating the re-birth of the sun.
Post by clairbear
Now the timing of the holiday may not be accurate as the Church
used the pagan solstice as the time for the holiday to help convert them
Because the pre-Christians were going to celebrate a midwinter
festival anyway.
Post by clairbear
But if you want to be Scroogian
about I would still wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and if
you prefer think of as a soltice greeting of good will.
Look up "straw man",imbecile.
Post by clairbear
So try to enjoy the holiday in the spirit of good will that Christmas is
meant to promote.
There is no "war on christmas" outside the paranoid fantasies of
religious fundamentalists who get upset when people celebrate a
secular midwinter festival.
clairbear
2012-11-30 03:08:44 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Now the timing of the holiday may not be accurate as the Church
used the pagan solstice as the time for the holiday to help convert them
Because the pre-Christians were going to celebrate a midwinter
festival anyway.
Gee what did you think I meant you need to take a reading
comprehension course
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Whether or not usurping the pagan holiday for that p[urpose was right
is up for debate, But the whole Idea of Christmas has been accepted as
a nation, religious and secular holiday since that time. Pushing
mentioning of christmas from the season is wrong Just as an attempt to
push the mention of Channuka or Ramadan from their time would be
wrong. Besides what harm is there in saying Merry Christmas if it
makes one feel closer to our fellow man. Or would you prefer that
"Every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips, should
be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly
through his heart."
Idiot.
Obviously you are projecting
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
But if you
want to be Scroogian
about I would still wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
and if you prefer think of as a soltice greeting of good will.
Look up "straw man",imbecile.
More projection
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
So try to enjoy the holiday in the spirit of good will that Christmas
is meant to promote.
There is no "war on christmas" outside the paranoid fantasies of
religious fundamentalists who get upset when people celebrate a
secular midwinter festival.
Nope no paranoia here unless it is the paraniod reaction of atheists
wanting to suppress anyone who does not think their way
You need to check your attitude
Les
2012-11-30 11:19:20 UTC
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 17:15:18 -0800, Christopher A. Lee
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
So try to enjoy the holiday in the spirit of good will that Christmas is
meant to promote.
There is no "war on christmas" outside the paranoid fantasies of
religious fundamentalists who get upset when people celebrate a
secular midwinter festival.
Yes it there war on that we should be considering

Dakota
2012-11-30 15:25:28 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Whether or not usurping the pagan holiday for that p[urpose was right is up
for debate, But the whole Idea of Christmas has been accepted as a nation,
religious and secular holiday since that time. Pushing mentioning of
christmas from the season is wrong Just as an attempt to push the mention
of Channuka or Ramadan from their time would be wrong. Besides what harm is
there in saying Merry Christmas if it makes one feel closer to our fellow
man. Or would you prefer that "Every idiot who goes about with 'Merry
Christmas' on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried
with a stake of holly through his heart."
What's the harm in saying "Happy Holidays" rather than choosing a
greeting that singles out one group of people but excludes others.
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Idiot.
suzeeq
2012-11-30 16:03:36 UTC
Post by Dakota
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Whether or not usurping the pagan holiday for that p[urpose was right is up
for debate, But the whole Idea of Christmas has been accepted as a nation,
religious and secular holiday since that time. Pushing mentioning of
christmas from the season is wrong Just as an attempt to push the mention
of Channuka or Ramadan from their time would be wrong. Besides what harm is
there in saying Merry Christmas if it makes one feel closer to our fellow
man. Or would you prefer that "Every idiot who goes about with 'Merry
Christmas' on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried
with a stake of holly through his heart."
What's the harm in saying "Happy Holidays" rather than choosing a
greeting that singles out one group of people but excludes others.
Especially since many cultures and religions have holidays this time of
year.
clairbear
2012-12-01 04:02:23 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by Dakota
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Whether or not usurping the pagan holiday for that p[urpose was
right is up for debate, But the whole Idea of Christmas has been
accepted as a nation, religious and secular holiday since that
time. Pushing mentioning of christmas from the season is wrong Just
as an attempt to push the mention of Channuka or Ramadan from
their time would be wrong. Besides what harm is there in saying
Merry Christmas if it makes one feel closer to our fellow man. Or
would you prefer that "Every idiot who goes about with 'Merry
Christmas' on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding, and
buried with a stake of holly through his heart."
What's the harm in saying "Happy Holidays" rather than choosing a
greeting that singles out one group of people but excludes others.
Especially since many cultures and religions have holidays this time
of year.
Then why not greet your Jewish friend with a hardy Happy Channukka. Or
perhaps the celebrants of of Kwanzaa with a spirited Happy Kwanzaa, or
even a solstice greeting fot the pagans among us. Happy Holidays is
almost not even trying to acknowledge the diversity of cultures
But what ever, enjoy the holday season and have a Cool Yule if it is
your thing
clairbear
2012-12-01 03:57:18 UTC
Post by Dakota
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Whether or not usurping the pagan holiday for that p[urpose was
right is up for debate, But the whole Idea of Christmas has been
accepted as a nation, religious and secular holiday since that time.
Pushing mentioning of christmas from the season is wrong Just as an
attempt to push the mention of Channuka or Ramadan from their time
would be wrong. Besides what harm is there in saying Merry Christmas
if it makes one feel closer to our fellow man. Or would you prefer
that "Every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips,
should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of
holly through his heart."
What's the harm in saying "Happy Holidays" rather than choosing a
greeting that singles out one group of people but excludes others.
And what is the harm in wishing a Merry Christmas, Or Happy Channukka,
or Happy Quanza, The real problem for many is that in the interest of so
called political correctness companies of, government body' or other
suppress free speach by telling their workers or member they can only
say "Happy holidays to the exclusion of the specific holidy greeting. I
fall with in the group who celbrates Christmas but I have no problem in
using the appropriate greeting for their particular celebration why be
generic Generic is far less personal
k***@baawa.com
2012-11-30 05:56:00 UTC
Post by clairbear
Well Christmas has been a part of European and American culture for
centuries if not millenia. The reason for the holiday is the birth of
Christ. Now the timing of the holiday may not be accurate as the Church
used the pagan solstice as the time for the holiday to help convert them
The reason for the 'holiday' is derived from superstition. That a
certain time of year denote a supernatural event.

It has nothing to do with reality. Just a place mark for our
superstitious cultural phenomena.

The superstitious are dumb.

Warlord Steve
BAAWA
clairbear
2012-11-30 11:09:14 UTC
Post by k***@baawa.com
Post by clairbear
Well Christmas has been a part of European and American culture for
centuries if not millenia. The reason for the holiday is the birth of
Christ. Now the timing of the holiday may not be accurate as the Church
used the pagan solstice as the time for the holiday to help convert them
The reason for the 'holiday' is derived from superstition. That a
certain time of year denote a supernatural event.
Mankind by his nature needs to believe in something or has nedd to explain
the unexplainable. And really if someone wants to clebrate a holiday the
acknowledges, that belief however misguided you may see what does it hurt?
can a belief in a diety , a belief in mankind's capacity to do good or
just a belief in consumerism , it makes people feel good It's like
celebrating birthday's orthe new year it does no harm
Post by k***@baawa.com
It has nothing to do with reality. Just a place mark for our
superstitious cultural phenomena.
You really have a problem with a show of good will for just a single day of
the year.
Post by k***@baawa.com
The superstitious are dumb.
Warlord Steve
BAAWA
No more dumb than your wasting your time to decry it.
cloud dreamer
2012-11-30 13:28:40 UTC
Post by clairbear
Post by k***@baawa.com
The superstitious are dumb.
Warlord Steve
BAAWA
No more dumb than your wasting your time to decry it.
Oh look, the coward redirects responses.

Typical christian. Scream and cry then hide from the rational responses.

Hypocrite.

..
clairbear
2012-12-01 04:05:03 UTC
Post by cloud dreamer
Post by clairbear
Post by k***@baawa.com
The superstitious are dumb.
Warlord Steve
BAAWA
No more dumb than your wasting your time to decry it.
Oh look, the coward redirects responses.
Typical christian. Scream and cry then hide from the rational
Hypocrite.
Read the entire response if you are capable of divining it's meaning if
not don't wast our thime with your rather silly diatribes
suzeeq
2012-11-30 13:46:03 UTC
Post by k***@baawa.com
Post by clairbear
Well Christmas has been a part of European and American culture for
centuries if not millenia. The reason for the holiday is the birth of
Christ. Now the timing of the holiday may not be accurate as the Church
used the pagan solstice as the time for the holiday to help convert them
The reason for the 'holiday' is derived from superstition. That a
certain time of year denote a supernatural event.
It has nothing to do with reality. Just a place mark for our
superstitious cultural phenomena.
The superstitious are dumb.
Emperor Constantine stole the pagan holidays and made them christian;
christmas derives from the Winter solstice celebrations.
trotsky
2012-11-30 10:47:42 UTC
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
[...]
Hi "clairbear"--when did you suddenly learn how to write in complete
sentences?
clairbear
When did you become lord king of the usenet?
Les
2012-11-30 11:17:19 UTC
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
Well they had to find something to base their traditional 'War on
Christmas' post that seems to have become an annual event here
on alt.atheism and that was the best they come up with to fulminate
about.
Les Hellawell
YORKSHIRE - The White Rose County
Well Christmas has been a part of European and American culture for
centuries if not millenia.
The reason for the holiday is the birth of
Christ.
I think you mean the reason for your Christian season. Not being
a Christian your season has nothing to do with me and is of no
interest.

I celebrate the year end for different reason which need not
concern you.

<there be snippage>
Post by clairbear
Or would you prefer that "Every idiot who goes about with 'Merry
Christmas' on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried
with a stake of holly through his heart."
One extreme to the other eh?

That seems very typical of Christan thinking.
Post by clairbear
But if you want to be Scroogian
about I would still wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and if
you prefer think of as a soltice greeting of good will.
Whilst it is nice to know that the nights are starting to get
shorter again instead of longer the Solstice is just an astronomical
event. Down in Autralia the reverse is starting to happen.

Good will to all men should not just occur just for twelve days of
the year.
Post by clairbear
So try to enjoy the holiday in the spirit of good will that Christmas is
meant to promote.
Except we see just how cynical that is. We have just have had another
year where you Christians seem to queue up to come here to tell us how
much you hate those of us who do not share your religious beliefs
along with others (such as homosexuals) and threaten violence
if we do not do what you tell us, then at the end of the year wish us
all good will for a few days whist still attacking us for some
imagined war on your Christmas when in fact we could not care less
what you do with it just as long as you do not try to force it one us.
I find that just a little sickening quite frankly

clairbear
2012-12-01 04:19:02 UTC
Post by Les
Post by clairbear
Or would you prefer that "Every idiot who goes about with 'Merry
Christmas' on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding, and
buried with a stake of holly through his heart."
One extreme to the other eh?
I guess the nod to Dickens is beyond your understanding , Too bad.
Post by Les
That seems very typical of Christan thinking.
Not really as Dickens never mention the center peace of the Christian
meaning
Post by Les
Post by clairbear
But if you want to be Scroogian
about I would still wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
and if you prefer think of as a soltice greeting of good will.
Whilst it is nice to know that the nights are starting to get
shorter again instead of longer the Solstice is just an astronomical
event. Down in Autralia the reverse is starting to happen.
Atcually the best thing is that it is the kick off of our ski season
Post by Les
Good will to all men should not just occur just for twelve days of
the year.
It would be nice if the good will existed all years I personal try to
exihibit that sentiment year round but it is not easy
Post by Les
Post by clairbear
So try to enjoy the holiday in the spirit of good will that Christmas
is meant to promote.
Except we see just how cynical that is. We have just have had another
year where you Christians seem to queue up to come here to tell us how
much you hate those of us who do not share your religious beliefs
along with others (such as homosexuals) and threaten violence
if we do not do what you tell us, then at the end of the year wish us
all good will for a few days whist still attacking us for some
imagined war on your Christmas when in fact we could not care less
what you do with it just as long as you do not try to force it one us.
I find that just a little sickening quite frankly
Frankly as I see it it is not the atheist it's poltical correctness
fascists that are trying to suppress real free speech And it seems that
they single out the Christian not the Muslims not the Hindus not the
Sikhs, not the Buddhist or any other If you really don't like Christmas
feel free to ignor it You have that right.
BTW why is an englishman intruding in alt.politics.usa Just chill out
and have some more of that pudding you are so famous for
Les Hellawell
Mitchell Holman
2012-12-01 13:53:44 UTC
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
Post by clairbear
feel free to ignor it You have that right.
BTW why is an englishman intruding in alt.politics.usa
You are complaining that an Engishman is
discussing an English writer's book about a
Roman holiday that was co-opted by Europeans
to celebrate the birth of a Palestinian in
an American newsgroup?
clairbear
2012-12-02 02:17:38 UTC
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
Well they had to find something to base their traditional 'War on
Christmas' post that seems to have become an annual event here
on alt.atheism and that was the best they come up with to
fulminate
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
about.
Les Hellawell
Post by Les
Post by clairbear
So try to enjoy the holiday in the spirit of good will that
Christmas
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
is meant to promote.
Post by clairbear
feel free to ignor it You have that right.
BTW why is an englishman intruding in alt.politics.usa
You are complaining that an Engishman is
discussing an English writer's book about a
Roman holiday that was co-opted by Europeans
to celebrate the birth of a Palestinian in
an American newsgroup?
Wrong again Bitchell,
What was asked was
"why is an englishman intruding in alt.politics.usa?"
As usual you jump into a discussion without a clue
Mitchell Holman
2012-12-02 02:51:43 UTC
Post by Les
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
Well they had to find something to base their traditional 'War on
Christmas' post that seems to have become an annual event here
on alt.atheism and that was the best they come up with to
fulminate
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
about.
Les Hellawell
Post by Les
Post by clairbear
So try to enjoy the holiday in the spirit of good will that
Christmas
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
is meant to promote.
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by Neal Boortz
Why are you religionists are intruding in alt.atheism?
clairbear
2012-12-02 12:43:12 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Les
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
Well they had to find something to base their traditional 'War
on Christmas' post that seems to have become an annual event
here on alt.atheism and that was the best they come up with to
fulminate
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
about.
Les Hellawell
Post by Les
Post by clairbear
So try to enjoy the holiday in the spirit of good will that
Christmas
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
is meant to promote.
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by clairbear
feel free to ignor it You have that right.
BTW why is an englishman intruding in alt.politics.usa
You are complaining that an Engishman is
discussing an English writer's book about a
Roman holiday that was co-opted by Europeans
to celebrate the birth of a Palestinian in
an American newsgroup?
Wrong again Bitchell,
What was asked was
"why is an englishman intruding in alt.politics.usa?"
Why are you religionists are intruding in alt.atheism?
Religionist-a person addicted to religion or a religious zealot
You love to misuse words I don't come close to that description
I post messages in in alt.politics.usa
Les
2012-12-02 11:39:47 UTC
Post by Les
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
Well they had to find something to base their traditional 'War on
Christmas' post that seems to have become an annual event here
on alt.atheism and that was the best they come up with to
fulminate
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
about.
Les Hellawell
Post by Les
Post by clairbear
So try to enjoy the holiday in the spirit of good will that
Christmas
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
is meant to promote.
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by Neal Boortz
Post by clairbear
feel free to ignor it You have that right.
BTW why is an englishman intruding in alt.politics.usa
You are complaining that an Engishman is
discussing an English writer's book about a
Roman holiday that was co-opted by Europeans
to celebrate the birth of a Palestinian in
an American newsgroup?
Wrong again Bitchell,
What was asked was
"why is an englishman intruding in alt.politics.usa?"
As usual you jump into a discussion without a clue
I was responding to a crossposted to an International newsgroup
(alt.atheism) with the now traditional 'War on Christmas' thread. A
thread I did not start.

Iti sodd that it was called a 'War on Christmas' as it focus was
about a war on the US Constitution regarding the rights of the people
to free speech in publicly owned space under the care of elected
representatives.

You are right those of us without religious beliefs are free to ignore
a religous season derived from the Roman Catholic Christ Mass which is
precisely what we want to do since it is only of interest to Christans
and none of our business. Instead I now celebrate our increasingly
popular Winter Festival and leave the Christians to do whatever
they want to do. It should be no problem but the Christans are
so selfish they think only they should be allowed to celebrate the
time of year and are even prepared to attack the Constitution of the
USA to establish publicity only for themselves in a public owned place
which should either be free for all to use for advertising purposes or
none.

clairbear
2012-12-02 12:57:07 UTC
Post by Les
It should be no problem but the Christans are
so selfish they think only they should be allowed to celebrate the
time of year and are even prepared to attack the Constitution of the
USA to establish publicity only for themselves in a public owned place
which should either be free for all to use for advertising purposes or
none.
Selfish? So the why do you not see Chiristians trying to suppress Channukka
or Kwanzaa? For tht matter why do atheists only rail against Christmas
while not saying anything about Channukka or Kwanza? The nation was Founded
by Christians who saw the suppression of non Catholics and the
suppression of non state sponsered sects in Europe. As a result the put
religious freedom into our constitution. In the US you are free to believe
or not believe as you will. Problem is now there are groups who would deny
the right to express that belief in public. Yes there are some zealots that
would also try to deny your right to express you non belief but your free
speech is 'protected' by the costitution. Just try expressing you non
belief in countries like Iran and see what happens
Mitchell Holman
2012-12-02 14:10:37 UTC
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
[...]
Modern Christian: Someone who can time out from enjoying
his government-protected religious holidays in his tax-
exempt church whose services are being broadcast on
federally-licensed airwaves to complain that a ban on using
public parks for nativity scenes is proof of the atheist
"War On Christmas"
Les
2012-12-02 15:24:07 UTC
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
It should be no problem but the Christans are
so selfish they think only they should be allowed to celebrate the
time of year and are even prepared to attack the Constitution of the
USA to establish publicity only for themselves in a public owned place
which should either be free for all to use for advertising purposes or
none.
Selfish? So the why do you not see Chiristians trying to suppress Channukka
or Kwanzaa? For tht matter why do atheists only rail against Christmas
As previously mentioned about Christians:

"Well they had to find something to base their traditional 'War on
Christmas' post that seems to have become an annual event here
on alt.atheism and that was the best they come up with to fulminate
about."

Which I followed up with:

"I think you mean the reason for your Christian season. Not being
a Christian your season has nothing to do with me and is of no
interest.

So I have no idea where this notion that we are somehow at war
with something we do not care about arises. I guess it was just
another way they could thrust their relgion in or faces and try to
rile us up. Whe have learned to laugh at it

We are also ready BTW for the traditional 'Atheist should not get
time off work at Christmas' thread too. Strange they do not also
mention muslims and other relgions who also get the same day off work

Well I have made my points and have nothing further to add.

Fulminate away. I have better things to do that listen to moaning
Christians who never seem happy.

Christopher A. Lee
2012-12-02 15:27:59 UTC
Post by Les
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
[...]
It unites the group against what in their paranoia they see as a
common enemy.
In a Very Dark Blue, China Blue Condition
2012-12-02 15:45:43 UTC
Post by Les
"I think you mean the reason for your Christian season. Not being
a Christian your season has nothing to do with me and is of no
interest.
What's wrong with at least one day a year when everyone treats everyone else
like an actual human being?
--
My name is Indigo Montoya. \\ Annoying Usenet one post at a time.
You flamed my father. \' At least I can stay in character.
Stop posting that! `/ the void looks into you, and fulfills you.
Les
2012-12-02 16:17:07 UTC
On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 07:45:43 -0800, "In a Very Dark Blue, China Blue
Post by In a Very Dark Blue, China Blue Condition
Post by Les
"I think you mean the reason for your Christian season. Not being
a Christian your season has nothing to do with me and is of no
interest.
What's wrong with at least one day a year when everyone treats everyone else
like an actual human being?
That it is only one day a year

Christopher A. Lee
2012-12-02 16:20:11 UTC
Post by Les
"I think you mean the reason for your Christian season. Not being
a Christian your season has nothing to do with me and is of no
interest.
What's wrong with at least one day a year when everyone treats everyone else
like an actual human being?
That it is only one day a year
The question should have been asked of the religious fanatics who lie
about those who do their own thing, of "waging war on Christmas".
In a Very Dark Blue, China Blue Condition
2012-12-02 17:15:00 UTC
Post by Les
"I think you mean the reason for your Christian season. Not being
a Christian your season has nothing to do with me and is of no
interest.
What's wrong with at least one day a year when everyone treats everyone else
like an actual human being?
That it is only one day a year
The question should have been asked of the religious fanatics who lie
about those who do their own thing, of "waging war on Christmas".
Yes, I know you do argue (and argue and argue) that you can be a shit because
you think everyone else is. I know you don't want to hear this, but the idea of
making the world a better place is not a concept totally foreign to atheists.
2012-12-02 17:11:52 UTC
Post by Les
"I think you mean the reason for your Christian season. Not being
a Christian your season has nothing to do with me and is of no
interest.
What's wrong with at least one day a year when everyone treats everyone else
like an actual human being?
That it is only one day a year
If we succeed for one day, maybe it will be contagious and spread to other days.
harry k
2012-12-02 16:31:00 UTC
On Dec 2, 7:45 am, "In a Very Dark Blue, China Blue Condition"
Post by Les
"I think you mean the reason for your Christian season. Not being
a Christian your season has nothing to do with me and is of no
interest.
What's wrong with at least one day a year when everyone treats everyone else
like an actual human being?
--
My name is Indigo Montoya. \\        Annoying Usenet one post at a time.
You flamed my father.       \'         At least I can stay in character.
Prepare to be spanked.     //               When you look into the void,
Stop posting that!        `/  the void looks into you, and fulfills you.
Nothign at all. When are you Christians going to quite attacking
atheists for putting up signs?

Harry K
In a Very Dark Blue, China Blue Condition
2012-12-02 17:10:42 UTC
Post by Les
"I think you mean the reason for your Christian season. Not being
a Christian your season has nothing to do with me and is of no
interest.
What's wrong with at least one day a year when everyone treats everyone else
like an actual human being?
--
My name is Indigo Montoya. \\        Annoying Usenet one post at a time.
You flamed my father.       \'         At least I can stay in character.
Prepare to be spanked.     //               When you look into the void,
Stop posting that!        `/  the void looks into you, and fulfills you.
Nothign at all. When are you Christians going to quite attacking
atheists for putting up signs?
I don't attack people for putting up signs.
Robert Parker
It would be a wonderful day, if it ever happened.
clairbear
2012-12-02 20:56:07 UTC
Post by Les
I have better things to do
Then go do them and stop wasting our time
Christopher A. Lee
2012-12-02 20:58:51 UTC
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
I have better things to do
Then go do them and stop wasting our time
What an arrogantly stupid Liar For God.

Wasting our time with false accusations of a "war against Christmas".

In spite of your paranoid lies, there is no such thing.

What's wrong with you?
clairbear
2012-12-02 21:19:50 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
I have better things to do
Then go do them and stop wasting our time
What an arrogantly stupid Liar For God.
Wow more hatred why so very angry
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Wasting our time with false accusations of a "war against Christmas".
Actually I never have used that term
Post by Christopher A. Lee
In spite of your paranoid lies, there is no such thing.
Pure projection Your posts are the ones indicate a certain paranioa
Post by Christopher A. Lee
What's wrong with you?
Nothing but it sure seems like you are a sadly hateful and flawed
individual
BTW have a Merry Christmas even if you fear it
Christopher A. Lee
2012-12-02 21:25:58 UTC
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
I have better things to do
Then go do them and stop wasting our time
What an arrogantly stupid Liar For God.
Wow more hatred why so very angry
Where was the hatred, pathological liar?
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Wasting our time with false accusations of a "war against Christmas".
Actually I never have used that term
What was the subject line, again?
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
In spite of your paranoid lies, there is no such thing.
Pure projection Your posts are the ones indicate a certain paranioa
Lie noted.

I'm not the one who invented an imaginary "war against Christmas" to
lie about non-Christians over.
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
What's wrong with you?
Nothing but it sure seems like you are a sadly hateful and flawed
individual
Project much, pathological liar?
What a fucking moron. A liar as well as an idiot.
clairbear
2012-12-02 21:49:10 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Wasting our time with false accusations of a "war against
Christmas".
Actually I never have used that term
What was the subject line, again?
And who exactly started the thread
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
In spite of your paranoid lies, there is no such thing.
Pure projection Your posts are the ones indicate a certain paranioa
Lie noted.
What lie is that
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
What's wrong with you?
Nothing but it sure seems like you are a sadly hateful and flawed
individual
Project much, pathological liar?
Actully I do not lie besides opinions are not lies You need a reading
comprehension course to help you discern meaning and intent
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
BTW have a Merry Christmas even if you fear it
What a fucking moron. A liar as well as an idiot.
Ooh we must have hit a nerve as Mr Potty Mouth Is getting angry
You really are a sad little man, to bad you seem in capable of a
logical argument
Christopher A. Lee
2012-12-02 21:52:39 UTC
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Wasting our time with false accusations of a "war against
Christmas".
Actually I never have used that term
What was the subject line, again?
And who exactly started the thread
Somebody who objects to the Liars For God's lies.
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
In spite of your paranoid lies, there is no such thing.
Pure projection Your posts are the ones indicate a certain paranioa
Lie noted.
What lie is that
Accusing me of paranois,pathological liar.
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
I'm not the one who invented an imaginary "war against Christmas" to
lie about non-Christians over.
Well, moron?
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
What's wrong with you?
Nothing but it sure seems like you are a sadly hateful and flawed
individual
Project much, pathological liar?
Actully I do not lie besides opinions are not lies You need a reading
comprehension course to help you discern meaning and intent
Spoken like a true narcissist.
clairbear
2012-12-02 22:19:19 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
BTW have a Merry Christmas even if you fear it
What a fucking moron. A liar as well as an idiot.
Ooh we must have hit a nerve as Mr Potty Mouth Is getting angry
You really are a sad little man, to bad you seem in capable of a
logical argument
What a fucking moron. A liar as well as an idiot.
You really should seek help for your anger managemnt issues Maybe
Obamacare covers the psychological therapy you
But anyway keep up you frothing at the mouth raving they make us laugh
so much
Merry Christmas Happy Channukka, happy solstice or what ever
Just keep us all laughing after all laughter is the best medicine
Syd M.
2012-12-02 22:24:55 UTC
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by clairbear
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
BTW have a Merry Christmas even if you fear it
What a fucking moron. A liar as well as an idiot.
Ooh we must have hit a nerve as Mr Potty Mouth Is getting angry
You really are  a sad little man, to bad  you seem in capable of a
logical argument
What a fucking moron. A liar as well as an idiot.
You really should seek help for your anger managemnt issues
Maybe you should stop trolling our newsgroup.
Then his 'anger management issues' would vanish.

PDW
Christopher A. Lee
2012-12-02 22:28:46 UTC
On Sun, 2 Dec 2012 14:24:55 -0800 (PST), "Syd M."
Post by Syd M.
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by clairbear
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
BTW have a Merry Christmas even if you fear it
What a fucking moron. A liar as well as an idiot.
Ooh we must have hit a nerve as Mr Potty Mouth Is getting angry
You really are  a sad little man, to bad  you seem in capable of a
logical argument
What a fucking moron. A liar as well as an idiot.
You really should seek help for your anger managemnt issues
Maybe you should stop trolling our newsgroup.
Then his 'anger management issues' would vanish.
Not anger, just contempt.
PDW
clairbear
2012-12-03 00:20:21 UTC
Post by Syd M.
innews:bajnb8lmv18g1
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
BTW have a Merry Christmas even if you fear it
What a fucking moron. A liar as well as an idiot.
Ooh we must have hit a nerve as Mr Potty Mouth Is getting angry
You really are  a sad little man, to bad  you seem in capable of a
logical argument
What a fucking moron. A liar as well as an idiot.
You really should seek help for your anger managemnt issues
Maybe you should stop trolling our newsgroup.
Then his 'anger management issues' would vanish.
PDW
Hahahahahahahaha Trolling? Are funny on puprose or did you have a
histerical mental accident?
Christopher A. Lee
2012-12-02 22:27:56 UTC
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
BTW have a Merry Christmas even if you fear it
What a fucking moron. A liar as well as an idiot.
Ooh we must have hit a nerve as Mr Potty Mouth Is getting angry
It's not my fault you don't like the language used for emphasis and
contempt.

If you can't cope when you reap what you sow, then go fuck yourself.
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
You really are a sad little man, to bad you seem in capable of a
logical argument
What a fucking moron. A liar as well as an idiot.
You really should seek help for your anger managemnt issues Maybe
How is treating a fucking moron, liar and idiot as a fucking moron,
liar an idiot an "anger management issue"?
Post by clairbear
Obamacare covers the psychological therapy you
But anyway keep up you frothing at the mouth raving they make us laugh
so much
What a fucking moron.
clairbear
2012-12-03 00:22:37 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by clairbear
Post by clairbear
Post by clairbear
Post by clairbear
Post by clairbear
Merry Christmas Happy Channukka, happy solstice or what ever
Just keep us all laughing after all laughter is the best medicine
Aw did we hurt you insignificant little feeling?
Still you are good for a belly laugh
Christopher A. Lee
What a fucking moron. A narcissist full of herself.
Les
2012-12-02 23:41:09 UTC
On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 16:19:19 -0600, clairbear <***@msn.com>
wrote:

<snip sterile exchange of insults that serve no useful purpose>
Post by clairbear
Merry Christmas Happy Channukka, happy solstice or what ever
Just keep us all laughing after all laughter is the best medicine
At least the real reason for this thread is blurted out. I do not
recall our being sarcastic about or mocking your celebration of the
Christ Mass in fact we have expressed total disinterest in it and
that it is none of our business what you choose to do just as
long as you do not try to intrude it on us.

This is not a war on Christmas this is a war against us for not
celebrating Christmas preferring to celebrate for other reasons
which you now mock.

The reason for celebrating does not matter, we celebrate the end of
the year because we just like having a good time and what better
time than the end of the year another milestone in our lives and
the point when the earth has ended its journey round the sun and
starts a new one. That the days are starting to get longer here in the
Northern half of the world is something else to celebrate too.

Do you think it possible that just for once you will allow our two
seasons to pass without all this nastiness and bitterness marring
them? You enjoy what ever you enjoy and we enjoy what
we enjoy. Those who like football enjoy football and those who
do not enjoy other things and everybody hase a good time
in their own way not interfering with others?

Is that really too much to ask for?

Virgil
2012-12-02 23:58:05 UTC
Post by Les
"For the assertion that “There is no God” is just as much a claim to
knowledge as is the assertion that “There is a God.” Therefore, the
former assertion requires justification just as the latter does. "
- William Lane Craig, "Reasonable Faith"
For which reason most non-theists do not make any such assertion re
existence of gods.

What most who call themselves atheists understand the "a" in "atheist"
to mean is NOT-theist, i.e., NOT having any belief in the existence of
any gods. In fact, not having any beliefs abut gods at all.

For some unknown reason, many theists misrepresent this form of atheism
as if it were anti-theism, i.e., claiming to know that there are no
gods.

Both theists and anti-theists make claims about the nature of reality.

Thus both theists and anti-theists may properly be held responsible for
providing evidence in support of their claims about reality.

But atheists, at least as I understand atheism, make no such claims and
thus bear no such responsibility, regardless of how our lack of such
responsibility may piss off so many of the theists who post here.
Christopher A. Lee
2012-12-03 00:08:01 UTC
Post by Virgil
Post by Les
"For the assertion that “There is no God” is just as much a claim to
knowledge as is the assertion that “There is a God.” Therefore, the
former assertion requires justification just as the latter does. "
- William Lane Craig, "Reasonable Faith"
For which reason most non-theists do not make any such assertion re
existence of gods.
Craig doesn't understand that the very presumptions behind his
strawman don't even apply outside his religious paradigm.
Post by Virgil
What most who call themselves atheists understand the "a" in "atheist"
to mean is NOT-theist, i.e., NOT having any belief in the existence of
any gods. In fact, not having any beliefs abut gods at all.
For some unknown reason, many theists misrepresent this form of atheism
as if it were anti-theism, i.e., claiming to know that there are no
gods.
"Anti-theism" is a canard and a red herring, because "there are no
gods" is said in exactly the same vein as "no ghosts", "no UFO
abductions", "no Loch Ness Monster", no "fairies at the bottom of the
garden".

It's a throwaway remark about somebody else's silly belief that they
can't keep to themselves.

And no different than when a Christian says "there's no Krishna", "no
Zeus" etc.
Post by Virgil
Both theists and anti-theists make claims about the nature of reality.
Only theists.

What people imagine are anti-theists are simply those theists who are
sufficiently concerned with somebody else's religious beliefs, to
reach rather obvious conclusions about something only relevant to
theists, that they can't (metaphorically) keep in their pants.
Post by Virgil
Thus both theists and anti-theists may properly be held responsible for
providing evidence in support of their claims about reality.
Straw man.
clairbear
2012-12-03 00:31:37 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Virgil
But atheists, at least as I understand atheism, make no such claims and
thus bear no such responsibility, regardless of how our lack of such
responsibility may piss off so many of the theists who post here.
Wow Count Dooku, you really can't control your rabid angertowards anyone
who is capable of seeing the whole truth.
But keep it up we need something to laugh at

clairbear
2012-12-03 00:25:51 UTC
Post by clairbear
[...]
So enjoy you pagan hedonism while you can the dy of judgement is coming
Just ask the Mayans and all their belivers come December the 21st it's
all over. Of course if you wake up on the 22nd then thank the Maker that
the mayans got it all wrong
Christopher A. Lee
2012-12-03 00:28:54 UTC
Post by clairbear
So enjoy you pagan hedonism while you can the dy of judgement is coming
Just ask the Mayans and all their belivers come December the 21st it's
all over. Of course if you wake up on the 22nd then thank the Maker that
the mayans got it all wrong
And the fucking moron pretends she can't understand why she gets
treated as one.
walksalone
2012-12-02 17:07:56 UTC
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
It should be no problem but the Christans are
so selfish they think only they should be allowed to celebrate the
time of year and are even prepared to attack the Constitution of the
USA to establish publicity only for themselves in a public owned
place which should either be free for all to use for advertising
purposes or none.
Selfish? So the why do you not see Chiristians trying to suppress
Channukka or Kwanzaa? For tht matter why do atheists only rail against
Christmas while not saying anything about Channukka or Kwanza? The
Could it be tha adherents of those mythologies don't peddle their
misconceptions all over the place [Black Fridy anyoone]. Could it be
they don't advertise nigh onto 24/7 through xmas day. & could it be they
are not as intrusive, publicly & privately [What, you don't celebrate
xmas. What kind of Amuyrican are you anyway?] like the commercialization
of xmas has led to? Could well be.
Post by clairbear
nation was Founded by Christians who saw the suppression of non
No, it wasn't entirely xioans. primarily, in so far as I have noticed,
it was deitists. Mass & Pennare the only two I know of that were founded
by xians. One Quaker, & one that hung Quakers.
Post by clairbear
Catholics and the suppression of non state sponsered sects in Europe.
As a result the put religious freedom into our constitution. In the
US you are free to believe or not believe as you will. Problem is now
Yes, but it appears that xianity, Inc, is not willing to leave it at
that. Else why all the flapdoodle during the celebration of Sol
Invictus. or are you under the mistaken impression that xmas is a unique
xian holiday. I am unaware of any xian holiday that was not stolen from
prior myths.
Post by clairbear
there are groups who would deny the right to express that belief in
public. Yes there are some zealots that would also try to deny your
right to express you non belief but your free speech is 'protected' by
the costitution. Just try expressing you non belief in countries like
Iran and see what happens
Sorry, but this is the USA you appear to be whining about. Hint,
decommercialise it & you may not see as much animosity displayed towards
the little ol nativeity scenes. Better yet, just acept it for what it
is, a tiome for friends, family, & welcomeing the return of the summer
seasons. Eventually that is.

Winter solstice when xians caterwaul & say merry xmas, Jewish followers
say happy Hannakah, & atheists say, watch out for that light pole.

walksalone who does not mind the mind deadening stupidty of around the
clock xmas carols. That is one reaon to save on electricity & turn the
noise machines off. OTOH, it is obnoxious in public places, stores,
malls, librarys, public buildings, etc.

BTW, you are free to practice your evil myth, privately or with like
minded individuals. I'm not one of them & no, my consent to such abuse
is not automatic or given.

[1]

Delta Dawn what's that flower you have on ?
Could it be a faded rose from days gone by ?
And did I hear you say he was meetin' you here today
to take you to his mansion in the sky.

Seems an appropriate song for those who can not walk through life on
their own, or at worst, with the help of some friends.
clairbear
2012-12-02 21:09:43 UTC
Post by walksalone
walksalone who does not mind the mind deadening stupidty of around the
clock xmas carols. That is one reaon to save on electricity & turn the
noise machines off. OTOH, it is obnoxious in public places, stores,
malls, librarys, public buildings, et
Gee,Ebenezer, you seem to have a real problem with you basic humanity
Why all the hate? well have an egg nog and relax if the Mayans are right
you be out of you misery soon
Christopher A. Lee
clairbear
ROTFLMAO pot=kettle
Christopher A. Lee
2012-12-02 21:50:43 UTC
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by walksalone
walksalone who does not mind the mind deadening stupidty of around
the clock xmas carols. That is one reaon to save on electricity &
turn the noise machines off. OTOH, it is obnoxious in public
places, stores, malls, librarys, public buildings, et
Gee,Ebenezer, you seem to have a real problem with you basic humanity
Why all the hate? well have an egg nog and relax if the Mayans are
right you be out of you misery soon
Project much, pathological liar?
ROTFLMAO pot=kettle
I'm not the one falsely accusing those who have been falsely accused
of waging a war against Christmas, of hatred.

Get help.
clairbear
2012-12-02 22:22:58 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by clairbear
Post by walksalone
walksalone who does not mind the mind deadening stupidty of around
the clock xmas carols. That is one reaon to save on electricity &
turn the noise machines off. OTOH, it is obnoxious in public
places, stores, malls, librarys, public buildings, et
Gee,Ebenezer, you seem to have a real problem with you basic humanity
Why all the hate? well have an egg nog and relax if the Mayans are
right you be out of you misery soon
Project much, pathological liar?
ROTFLMAO pot=kettle
I'm not the one falsely accusing those who have been falsely accused
of waging a war against Christmas, of hatred.
Wow that was a ridicilusly funny reply.
If you are birght enough look back through the thread as see where I ever
accused anyone of "waging a war against Christmas" You won't find it
BTW keep up with you silly replies we need a good laugh
Christopher A. Lee
You imagine yur dishinesty is funny.
walksalone
2012-12-02 22:42:43 UTC
Post by clairbear
Post by walksalone
walksalone who does not mind the mind deadening stupidty of around the
clock xmas carols. That is one reaon to save on electricity & turn the
noise machines off. OTOH, it is obnoxious in public places, stores,
malls, librarys, public buildings, et
Gee,Ebenezer, you seem to have a real problem with you basic humanity
Why all the hate? well have an egg nog and relax if the Mayans are right
you be out of you misery soon
If the Mayans were right, & I suspect they are not, so will you. Worse
for you, you will have wasted a large portion of your life in servitude
to a false god.

However, I note that all you could do was cut text & fail to mark it, &
try for a snappy comeback. Well, at least you tried.

Be that it as it may, thank you for confirming you could care less about
what others think about your false Sol Invictus, or Mithra[s] birthday,
but you are a xian. According to some of those, they are allowed to walk
around with their nose so high in the air that buzzards need oxygen
bottles to roost on them.

Have a nice life, elsewhere. Any response to this missive will verify
you are here to play the standard holier than thou & everyone picks on me
routine.
You are not good at it, & that is the best thing to be said on your
behalf.

walksalone who anticipated that there would be no need to go to three
messages, sad to say I was correct.

Failed messiahs that are of the judaic persuasion.

Jesus ben joseph [had he existed]
Jah Asikari
Mirza Ghulam Ahmad
Theudas
Menahem ben Judah
Simon bar Kokhba
Moses of Crete
Obadiah Abu 'Isa al-Isfahani of Ispahan
Yudghan
Serene (Sherini, Sheria, Serenus, Zonoria, Sara)
David Alroy or Alrui
Abraham Abulafia
Nissim ben Abraham
David Reuveni
Shlomo Molkho (or, Solomon Molko)
Isaac Luria (or, Yitzhak Luria)
Hayim Vital
Moses Botarel of Cisneros
Asher Lemmlein
Sabbatai Zevi (alternative spellings: Shabbetai, Sabbetai; Tvi, Tzvi)
Jacob Querido
Barukhia Russo (Osman Baba)
Miguel (Abraham) Cardoso
Mordecai Mokia
Jacob Joseph Frank
R. Nachman of Bratslav
J. Krishnamurti
Rebbe Menachem Mendel Schneerson
Georges-Emest Roux
Sun Myung Moon
Sathya Sai Baba
David Icke
David Koresh
Maria Devi Christos
Yap
2012-11-30 11:34:52 UTC
Post by clairbear
Post by Les
[...]
The whole idea of addressing a season with the non-existence of a
pixie is idiocy.
With human capability to reach the moon, where do you think a pixie
can hide?
clairbear
2012-12-01 04:20:38 UTC
Post by Yap
,
Post by clairbear
you prefer think of as a soltice greeting of good will.
So try to enjoy the holiday in the spirit of good will that Christmas
is meant to promote.
The whole idea of addressing a season with the non-existence of a
pixie is idiocy.
So why are YOU adressing it then
Maybe in that powder candy filled straw
BTR1701
2012-11-29 23:08:36 UTC
Post by Barb May
Post by BTR1701
Post by Barb May
Post by BTR1701
[...]
And as usual, you declare anything that exposes your hypocrisy a 'false
equivalency'.
Post by Barb May
First of all, there's a big difference between classroom
instruction and taking children to a church.
Well, then you'll be pleased to know that one of the elements of the San
Francisco Muslim curriculum was a visit to a local mosque.

So we're now in agreement that it was inappropriate, right?
Post by Barb May
And second, there's a big difference between classroom assignments
and entertainment in a religious venue.
You're right, there is. One can be opted out of (the Charlie Brown field
trip), the other cannot (the school assignments).

Once again, the Little Rock example is *less* offensive to the 1st
Amendment than the one in San Francisco.
Post by Barb May
Third, the complaint is about a school in Little Rock, not San
Francisco.
The Constitution applies the same everywhere in U.S., dipshit. There's
no San Francisco Exception to the 1st Amendment.
Post by Barb May
Your reference to "a group having a collective embolism" is also a big
fat lie. Writing a letter challenging the trip and discussing it with
the media is not having an "embolism" or "Atheist Furor" raging, or any
of the other extremist language
You mean like the way left paints any opposition to their social agenda
as 'hatred' and 'phobia'?
Post by Barb May
Your outrageous claim that, "the school was basically requiring the kids
to get up in front of their class, reject their own religion, and
declare that they're becoming Muslim" is ample proof that you are
incapable of arguing this, or any other, issue honestly.
That's what they were *doing*, 'Barb May'. Of all the passages in the
Quran they could have chosen, I suppose it was just coincidence that it
was *that* particular one that got picked.
Post by Barb May
So if I don't respond to your next feeble attempt to argue this
point, that'll be the reason why.
Yeah, right. It's hilarious how you're now preemptively trying to make
excuses for running away.
NoBody
2012-11-29 11:21:12 UTC
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 11:34:02 -0800, "Barb May"
Post by Barb May
Post by BTR1701
I have a feeling if a public school decided to 'educate' the kids on
Catholicism by having them attend a Mass, memorize the names of the
saints, recite the Catholic profession of faith, and abstain from
eating meat during Lent, you and all the liberals that have no
problem with this Muslim curriculum would have shrieking meltdowns
about the separation of church and state.
Feelings aren't facts.
http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/A-school-lesson-on-jihad-2772937.php
"For a decade, California has woven religion into its social studies
curriculum standards, reversing a long-standing practice in which
textbooks virtually ignored religion's role in history, politics, art
and society. Today, the state's sixth-graders devote more time to
studying the historic role of Christianity than seventh graders do
studying Islam.
You did notice that statement was supported by nothing than the
writer's opinion right?
NoBody
<crickets.wav>
Yap
2012-11-30 11:28:27 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by Neal Boortz
From now through Christmas, I think we need to chronicle the stories of
[...]
The sickening thing about religion is that both Islam and Christianity
are getting the people nowhere.
Instead of make good use of our energy and time for the benefit of the
society, they indulge themselves on non-existent pixies.
There is only one standard.....
Fred^44
2012-11-27 18:05:47 UTC
Post by Neal Boortz
Atheists cry foul over ‘A Charlie Brown Christmas’
No.
Cults should not be permitted to fuck kids in schools.
In a Very Dark Blue, China Blue Condition
2012-12-02 13:28:21 UTC
Post by Neal Boortz
From now through Christmas, I think we need to chronicle the stories of
what I like to call the war on Christmas. These stories are plentiful
because there never seems to be a dearth of people who are seeking two
Didn't some guy tell people a few years ago, 'Blessed are those who are
persecuted in my name's sake'? Think of it this way: you're nailing a tree to a
stand rather than being nailed to a tree. You're having lunch with your cousins
from Arkansas, not lions from the Coliseum. Life has improved a teensy bit over
the past 2000 years.
Linuxgal
2012-12-02 15:01:56 UTC
Post by In a Very Dark Blue, China Blue Condition
Didn't some guy tell people a few years ago, 'Blessed are those who are
persecuted in my name's sake'? Think of it this way: you're nailing a tree to a
stand rather than being nailed to a tree. You're having lunch with your cousins
from Arkansas, not lions from the Coliseum. Life has improved a teensy bit over
the past 2000 years.
But if we take the Ten Commandments out of the courtroom, they cry
"Persecution!"
Halftime at Circvs Maximvs, and the Lions lead the Christians 326-0
In a Very Dark Blue, China Blue Condition
2012-12-02 15:27:32 UTC
Post by Linuxgal
Post by In a Very Dark Blue, China Blue Condition
Didn't some guy tell people a few years ago, 'Blessed are those who are
persecuted in my name's sake'? Think of it this way: you're nailing a tree to a
stand rather than being nailed to a tree. You're having lunch with your cousins
from Arkansas, not lions from the Coliseum. Life has improved a teensy bit over
the past 2000 years.
But if we take the Ten Commandments out of the courtroom, they cry
"Persecution!"
Especially galling since the basis of US law is pagan Germanic and Roman law.
Democracy comes from German tribes not Greece: many German tribes had forms of
democracy called Things dating back thousands of years.
harry k
2012-12-02 16:36:02 UTC
Post by Linuxgal
Post by In a Very Dark Blue, China Blue Condition
Didn't some guy tell people a few years ago, 'Blessed are those who are
persecuted in my name's sake'? Think of it this way: you're nailing a tree to a
stand rather than being nailed to a tree. You're having lunch with your cousins
from Arkansas, not lions from the Coliseum. Life has improved a teensy bit over
the past 2000 years.
But if we take the Ten Commandments out of the courtroom, they cry
"Persecution!"
--
Halftime at Circvs Maximvs, and the Lions lead the Christians 326-0
Well they feel that they are losing a war, which they are, and are
losing illegal footholds on public property everytime one of these
incidents occurs.

That _they_ are the cause of the uproar made always seems to elude
them...well, they do try to lie about it and blame it on the atheists
though.

The funny part is it _always_ ends with getting _their_ displays
banned (along with any others of course).

Harry K